Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Seize the Day

Last weekend I took a road trip to spend some time with my oldest brother and sister. My brother is relocating to be closer to his children and I won’t be able to see him as often as I can now. That being said, it has been a while since we all had time together. We talk on the phone frequently but face-to face doesn’t happen as often. The family is literally spread out from coast to coast.

We spent a lot of time reminiscing and laughing and it occurred to me how much I have missed them. We overall had a very fortunate childhood. Our family was unusually close and has for the most part remained so.

This year has reminded me how important these moments are. Recently, I have lost a lot of friends and acquaintances quite unexpectedly. Many were very young and in my mind, not finished. My friends and I have discussed the fact that the longer we live, the more frequently this will happen. I have had the belief that barring an accident (and maybe even then), when we are finished with what we need to do here, we leave. Maybe that’s a little too metaphysical for many but it makes perfect sense to me.


So seize the day. Now. Be with those you love as often as is possible. You absolutely never, never, never know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment