Saturday, September 23, 2017

FAVORITE BOOK OF 2017

I made my first choice for favorite Book of the Year in August two years ago. So for consistency, my year will continue to run from August to July. My book selections this year:

August 2016:  The Invention of Wings- Sue Monk Kidd
September 2016:  Prep- Curtis Sittenfeld and Goldberg Variations- Susan Isaacs
October 2016:  The Light of Paris- Eleanor Brown
November 2016:  Remnant Chronicles- Mary E. Pearson and Little Beach Street Bakery- Jenny Colgan
December 2016: The Chemist- Stephanie Meyer
January 2017:  The Art of Racing in the Rain- Garth Stein
February 2017:  Falling Together- Marisa de los Santos
March 2017:  The Goldfinch- Donna Tartt
April 2017: A God in Ruins- Kate Atkinson
May 2017: The Bear and the Nightingale- Katherine Arden
June 2017:  Death of A Liar- M.C. Beaton
July 2017: The Art of Hearing Heartbeats- Jan-Philipp Sendker

This has been another good year for reading. As usual, more books were read or listened to on tape than I reviewed, but the ones above made the cut. I decided a while ago that I was not going to disparage another author’s work. If I don’t like it, I won’t review it. 

That being said, my favorite book this year was, The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Running a disturbingly close second was A God in Ruins by Kate Atkinson. Both of these novels have stayed with me and both authors are masters of their craft.


No comments:

Post a Comment