Thursday, October 20, 2016

Reunion

I’ve written often in this blog about the great teachers, philosophers and spiritual leaders whose ideas I love to explore. Some of these ideas resonate with me on a profound level and some do not. Some leave me with just small chunks of lovely insight.

What is important is that you don’t have to study only the great intellectual masters to gain growth and wisdom and insight. I think I have always “known” this but feel it’s important to acknowledge it.  

I recently attended a school reunion and was reacquainted with people I had not spoken with in many years. What moved me so deeply was the discovery of something new in each one. Some classmates I probably had not ever had a conversation with, some I had a long-standing opinion of, some were close friends and remain close. To a person, I was illuminated, enlightened and so grateful for the opportunity to reconnect.

The whole experience was so intense I was overwhelmed with the good will, love and feeling of inclusiveness. Of shared history. History that joined and did not divide.

My take away is you learn from every single person that crossers your path. 

No judgement. Let the lessons come.


Falkland Island Penquins
Together and separate

No comments:

Post a Comment