Thursday, November 27, 2014

Signs

I haven’t meant to be an absent blogger, but events in the last weeks have demanded all of my free time. Ha! Free time! What’s that? I have traveled in and through five states. Included in my travels: a birthday celebration, a road trip, a marathon, extended house guests, rekindled friendships, and a writer’s conference. Oh, and a stint as the Assistant Director on the South Carolina Shakespeare Company’s production of King Lear! Whew! I have to say, although pretty exhausting, I loved every minute of it.

I’ve caught up a bit on my sleep and feel compelled to try to see the big picture here. This is definitely not how I usually operate. Not since my children were little, anyway. I usually try to keep events and opportunities to a dull roar. I like my quiet time. I need it to write. To stay centered. At least I thought so. So what was up that I couldn’t or wouldn’t say no?

Have you ever thought about Signs? I capitalize on purpose. I think life is full of signs. As often as we notice them, just as often we ignore them. I’m trying to assess why so much occurred in such a short time. Were they just random events or were they a sign that I have been wasting too much time? I know I have written more in the last weeks and my creativity is at a peak. What’s up with that? I don’t know, but I’m inclined to go with the flow.


See you next time:)


No comments:

Post a Comment