Sunday, August 29, 2021

Today is a New Day

 What I am realizing more and more, is today is a new day. Every day is new. A chance for a fresh start. Every breath, a new breath. Nothing is engraved in stone. Except maybe on a tombstone. (Is that where that expression comes from?) But even then, then what? We don’t know. But until then, fresh starts abound.

It’s been extremely difficult to make plans for a new start during the pandemic. It’s as if I was waiting for it to be over. Like all of us, I expect. But more and more I’m hearing about people being exceptionally creative and prolific during this time. As I talked about before, Willie Nelson wrote a book and new music. Andrea Bocelli created an album. It’s a mindset, I believe.

Life as we knew it changed for sure. I’m not sure if it’s permanent. I suspect not. But no one knows for sure, not even the experts. We’ve not been here before. In the meantime, while I still can, I’m going to keep working toward something besides cooking and laundry and dog-walking. All necessary activities, sure, but think I can do a little more.

I started working on my third book again. It makes me very happy.

Here’s to the new days. Everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment