Wednesday, January 29, 2020

FAVORITE BOOK OF 2019


This has been another good year for reading. As usual, more books were read or listened to on tape than I reviewed, but the ones below made the cut. I decided a while ago that I was not going to disparage another author’s work. If I don’t like it, I won’t review it. How to choose? I really enjoyed everything on the list. This may be my hardest choice yet. I was fascinated with Pachinko and its culture, I loved hearing about Michelle Obama’s life in Becoming. Where the Crawdads Sing is one of the few novels that really surprised me. I could say something similar about what I liked about each one. I loved them all for different reasons.


January 2019:  Pachinko- Min Jin Lee
February 2019: Becoming- Michelle Obama
March 2019:  Where the Crawdads Sing- Delia Owens
April 2019: The Art Forger- B. A. Shapiro
May 2019: Spinning Silver- Naomi Novik
June 2019:  The Heart’s Invisible Furies- John Boyne
July 2019: The Trespasser- Tana French
August 2019: Tigana- Guy Gavriel Kay
September 2019:  Southernmost- Silas House
October 2019:  The Lake House- Kate Morton
November 2019:  Lethal White- Robert Galbraith
December 2019: Stormrise- Jillian Boehme



If I could only pick one to recommend to a friend, it would have to be Becoming by our ex-First Lady. Articulate, Humble, Intelligently and Honestly written, it’s a must read for anyone and everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment