Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Chaos Theory

A friend once explained the Chaos Theory to me. In short, the premise is that the natural order of everything is chaos. We, as human beings try to make sense of it all by categorizing, sorting, making lists, naming. In other words cleaning our ever cluttered closets. It makes us feel better. Calmer. More in control.

Ha! Never have I felt the chaos and the resulting anxiety more than this holiday season. Why this is, I’m not certain. I think it might have something to do with having a baby in the mix. Nothing puts you more in contact with being helpless in the face of a whirlwind than an almost two-year old. Pure joy and exhaustion go hand-in hand. You know the saying, “men plan and God laughs?” Well, yes, exactly.

So here’s the thing. I realized that nothing matters except being in the moment. All my good intentions of the past year have been put to the test. Be here. Be now. That’s all that we have. It’s all that matters. Really notice. Savor. Breathe it. It’s gone in an instant.

Happy Happy Happy Holidays.




                                                             Joy... December 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment