Thursday, May 5, 2016

Connections

Lifelong friends are a rarity, aren’t they? As I listened to two of my dearest friends on a three way call recently, (One of the times I really love technology) I was reminded of so many years and shared experiences. We live on literally opposite ends of the country but their voices remain as constant as our laughter.

There is a lot of talk about family in our lives and truly that remains my constant and my barometer for values, integrity, love and loyalty. For some people family is their barometer for “what not to do.” I was truly just lucky. Unfortunately, my family is spread across the nation, from coast to coast. Just like my two oldest friends.

When I think about my daily life, I honestly don’t know how I would function without my friends that are here. Some people drift in and out but a special few are steady. We don’t live in each other’s pockets, but I see them frequently. A dinner, a brunch, a shopping excursion…. All really just an excuse to talk. Sometimes to complain about daily things, ask advice, share time. Almost always, laughter and appreciation is involved.


I think I have said this before, but I believe one of the most sacred and meaningful parts of life is in your relationships. They take a little care and nurturing, but are so worth it. I don’t take them for granted. I acknowledge them and am grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment