Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Beauty of What We Don't Know

As I have written here before, I enjoy reading nearly all genres of literature. I have always particularly enjoyed those stories that have a bit of fantasy or mysticism. Not the heavy-handed, supernatural, mind you…Although, that has its place. The real world, if we observe closely, has magic in it everywhere we look. In every culture since the beginning of time, men have cited incidents of the unexplained. Even in our super-sonic, technology-driven, scientific civilization, we come upon things we can’t explain away. There will always be those that claim “coincidence” or “random occurrence,” but I think it belittles the magnificence and mystery of what we don’t know.

Last week I ran across a video a friend posted on Facebook of all things. I usually scroll quickly because of the time-suck factor of FB, but something made me stop and actually watch this five minute film. I’m so glad I did. I’m including the link for you if you are so inclined, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvwHHMEDdT0 , but if you don’t trust links, you can find it on youtube.com under: anna breytenbach animal communicator. It’s the story of an animal sanctuary and a black leopard who had been mistreated and found a home there.


I found the story incredibly moving, not just that the animal found a home, but that it opened up the idea of actual inter-species communication. Even if you don’t believe in it, it is fascinating to watch. I think it spoke to me so profoundly because my first book was written about this very topic. Maybe it’s a skill we once had and have forgotten. What a lovely idea.

                                   Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment